Saturday, January 24, 2009

Registered for Half Marathon

Imagine me, are marathon runner!?! I registered today for the Disney Half Marathon, with both excitement and a great sense of fear. I have never been a runner, but have been somewhat athletic most of my life.
This winter in MN has not been kind, and has kept many of us Minnesotans inside. I have come to realize that staying indoors has made me very out of shape. I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I thought that I'd hop on that treadmill and start running 5 miles. No way! This is going to be a long, long journey.
I was able to con a few of my co-workers and my cousin into registering with me for the half marathon. I'm trying to surpress my disney fanatic side, so I don't freak them out:) I visited Disney World last year and during my planning process, became hooked on all things Disney. I have watched many disney world television shows, read many books and especially love disney world podcasts. It was while listening to one of these podcasts that I became inspired to run the half marathon.
I ran the idea of running in this marathon by my husband. Of course, he thought that I was crazy but was willing to support me. I'm always setting crazy goals for myself, so I suppose this is no different to him.
My 9 year old son simply laughted and said there was "no way" I could do this! Well, I hope to prove him wrong and teach him to set goals and follow them. Pressure!
Well, I hope you enjoy this blog as I begin to train. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi this is Rae!!!
    You can do this. I did,Jonathan , did Deb and Jeff. and so many others you can too.

    ReplyDelete